Friday, July 18, 2008

Relocube send off

Well- we made it through the packing of the relocube! It is sitting in the driveway ready for pick up. I will post some pictures of it. It is 6ft x 7ft and 8ft tall.

Mom and I were packing masters for 3 days. We packed and packed. We had boxes, tape, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, utility blankets, and lots of bedding and clothes for padding. We went through 6 rolls of tape, at least 30 boxes, and about 800 square feet of bubble wrap!

In addition to the boxes, we fit in a chaise lounge, treadmill, two small end tables, Brian's bike, a 50 inch tv, a two seater outdoor table and chairs, a 6ft x 4 ft mirror, and a ikea chair with footstool and a kind of tall, narrow drawer tower...amongst other items. It was amazing!

We finished filled the entire thing in less than 2 hours. Then we have spent every minute since then finding more tiny things to cram in there. We must have 10 "last item in the cube" pictures!

They better pick it up soon, before we find something else! I am on my way to DeKalb today for my farewell tour.

The cube should arrive a couple days before we arrive in Honolulu.

1 comment:

Gary said...

It was great seeing you at Andrea's house. I'm sure Addie will remember you. Your dip was yummy! Hope things improved on your return trip to DeKalb.

Love, Aunt JuJu