This morning after my blogging, Brian and I went on about 4 mile walk. We walked to the marina and then past all the lagoons. Then we went shopping again (basically all day). First we went to get Brian some Hawaiian auto insurance. I left out a part of yesterday that included Brian going to get the mandated safety inspection on his car. In order to pass you need Hawaii no fault insurance (not Michigan no fault). So we had to update that. In addition in order to pass you have to have front and back license plates. In order to get Hawaii license plates you have to pass the inspection. This is going to be a run around between the DMV and Midas sometime next week. Then we went to Kmart in Kapolei and picked up a trash can and more sunscreen for me. Then we got back to watch them take the relocube away.
Then out again to Lowes, another Kmart and several furniture stores. We picked up some nicer casual plastic chairs for our 2nd floor balcony and Brian picked out a closet system to hang so there is room for all our clothes. Then back to the grocery store since we've been eating cheese and crackers and PB & J for 2 days. The cost of food has really gone up with the gas prices since April. We spent nearly $3 on the cheapest hot dog buns available! Tomatoes were $3.49 a lb and green peppers were $4.99 a pound. We just shopped around and found the most reasonably priced food. We will be getting our produce at the farmers market usually, but it isn't until Sunday. We came back around 6pm and I made salad and beef stir fry (good prices on beef here).
Then we found a used bedroom set on craig's list for $300 includes frame, headboard, 5 dresser drawer and nightstand. We are going to look at it tomorrow morning. The cable will be set up tomorrow afternoon with the real internet (not the internet I am borrowing from someone). I was exhausted with all the shopping today. Brian promised me pool time tomorrow, but I don't know since now we are going to get the bedroom set in the morning. But, I am looking forward to not sleeping on the aerobed much longer. We are shopping for a new mattress, couch and new or used tv stand and used dining table and bar stools. Possibly also a used or new rattan love seat for the ground floor lanai. Sounds like a lot, but we have a lot here already too.
Mom, today I saw a couple birds that I identified with my bird book: the red-vented bulbul, the red whiskered bulbul, and a hummingbird (which I haven't found in the book yet).
Signing off 'til tomorrow,
sar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! What an adventure! I just can't believe the Tiffany lamp made it, we WERE good packers. Hmm, do I see a future in bubble wrap after education. Turtles, birds, fresh produce, clean ocean air, aquamarine water, and a new home, sounds like heaven. Thank you for keeping all of us updated with your wonderful memoirs. Mommer
Post a Comment