Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Search Continues

Wow! This moving thing is a lot of work. Brian has been filling out the most horrible forms for his community service license. It involves official copies of board scores, NERB scores, diplomas, licenses, a self query (have no idea what that is), it had to be notorized. And now we have to go to Lansing to get someone to fill out a form verifying his Michigan license (which is a redundant). The Lansing gov personnel told us that it will take 6 weeks to process if we mail the verification form, but if we bring it in person it will only take 3 weeks. She said that the building is really big and that it takes 3 weeks to get from the mail room to her desk......right......



Then we still have to mail it to Hawaii and wait for that to process. In the mean time, I have been doing hours of research on shipping and housing. Turns out a lot of car transportation companies have a bad reputation, so I am working on another set of quotes from another 15 companies. I'm also looking into other companies to ship our belongings, but we did this before and no one could beat the Relocube price.



I talked about Ko Olina in my last post. We have been in contact with some owners and some realtors. There's one that I am IN LOVE with, but its just out of our price range. Its about $200 a month out of our range. That would be about $2,400 a year. Sounds like not a big deal for a couple dentists, but we are worried about staying afloat the first couple months as we get started in our jobs (I still need another part time job), especially if we can't find anyone to rent this Michigan house. But I still love that townhouse. It has plenty of room for visitors (which I really want, so that people can stay comfortably with us as we go to work) It has 2 bed and bath upstairs and an extra bed and bath on the main floor for anyone who doesn't want to have to go up and down stairs (grandparents, mom, Brian's dad, Brian's aunt Judy, etc.) But I am waiting this afternoon to hear back from another realtor who has some lower prices.

We are also nervous because we found out that they are still negotiating the budget at Brian's place of work so his salary could change (which would be very very bad). So we are waiting for a confirmation on salary before we can do much more. Our move date could get pushed back to beginning of Sept depending on all this.

In the mean time, I have no money and I only have a Hawaii license. My Michigan license isn't set to come in for another few weeks. I'm pretty close to deciding to wait tables.....I can see it now....

Customer: "Miss, could you get me a napkin."
Sarah: "Actually, I usually go by Dr. Webb."

It would be funny :)

No comments: