Thursday, June 19, 2008

Truckin'

We are truckin' along in our moving plans. We are waiting until tomorrow to hear back for my job, and until Monday to hear about Brian's. We found potential renters for our house in GR. Its a family of 4 with two young girls aged 1 and 4 (I think the 4 year old may enjoy my ballet barre). They are coming to look on Sun pm, but are very interested. The wife is a pediatric resident and the dad is Mr. Mom. Hopefully, it will work out.

We are pursuing 3 different Ko Olina units. One isn't ready until Sept, so it probably won't work out. The other two are both nice and we are debating between the two. Although, I just was comparing the pictures with the (Coconut) floorplan of one of them and caught the realtor in a mistake. He says its one model, but it doesn't match up with the floorplan. The pictures are from a larger model. But what's funny is that we would probably prefer the smaller model whose floorplan he provided because it has a nicer lanai. We really don't need the extra indoor space, but we would like the extra outdoor space. The other property (Kai) is consistent with the pics. The Coconut condo could be 1550 sq feet or 1830 sq feet depending on the model. The Kai is 1625 sq feet. The Coconut would have a nice view of tee #13 on the golf course. The Kai would have a nice view of the neighbors. The Kai is less $, but we are trying to bargain down the Coconut. Either way, we would be happy...especially me because this process is a lot of work.

I will be coming to DeKalb on Sun night or Mon am, but I can't stay but a couple days because so much is happening next week with our contracts. Once we confirm our contracts we need to pick our living place, put down and payment, book our moving companies and flights, etc. I am in charge of those items, so I will have to get back to book it all. I'll be back in town in July sometime when the flurry of reservations dies down.

I am looking for any able bodied packers who want to help. I'm having flash backs to my famous role as the Little Red Hen...."Who will come and help me, who will be so kind? Who will come and help me? Its won't take too much time."

In addition, I will be dropping off portions of my winter wardrobe at various places so if I visit in the winter months I will have winter wear available.

Oh, and our internet is out until tomorrow night, so I am frequenting Panera to have access.

No comments: