Wednesday, June 4, 2008

WOW- soo many stories...

I have so much to share that I will have to break it up into a couple posts...There are three stages... Stage 1- I now live with a boy...Stage 2- Cirque du Soilei wedding in North Carolina....Stage 3- Hawaii update.

Stage 1: I now live with a boy

Brian and I went through a LONG day of UHaul disasters including 4 hours of driving all over Washtenaw county trying to find a UHaul trailer which I had already reserved. To make a long story short, we drove to 4 different locations all 20-40 miles apart before being able to pick up a trailer. Then after doing this for 4 hours, we then still had to pack and move. We rolled into GR with the last of my Ann Arbor life at 9pm on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. We unloaded and then ordered Chinese food. We were almost still speaking to each other.

I, personally, am the worst mover of all time. The entire experience stresses me out and makes me a crazy person. Brian has graciously moved around and pitched most of his belongings to make space for me. In addition, he can't find anything in the kitchen since I rearranged it entirely. He can now find the ziplock bags, but that's about it.

We then threw our belongings in the car to go camping the next day (we needed a break from the whole moving thing). That was a good time. Then we spent the rest of the weekend unpacking and such. We can then fast forward to.....

Stage 2: The Circus wedding

We spent Weds night at my apartment- my last night as a single girl in Ann Arbor. We flew into New Bern, NC. We ended up with a bright red clown car (smallest car I've ever seen). But we like the gas milage and the EZ parking. I discovered that New Bern is the birthplace of Pepsi Cola (my uncle would be happy). We then rested and then went to Brian's sister's (Kristin) house for a BBQ. They have the most amazing bungalo (The song Grampy and Ahmie always sing comes to mind..."We'll build a bungalo big enough for 2, big enough for 2 my darling, big enough for 1,2, 3, 4....") They have completely customized and redone this house for the past 4-5 years and it is amazing. Every cabinet is custom built in, they have a murphy bed in the guest room, and they sleep in the loft upstairs. It is truely beautiful-definitely should be in a magazine. They have a great backyard complete with fire pit and seating. We had shish kebabs of steak, chicken and shrimp. It was the best shrimp I've ever had. Fresh shrimp, right off the charcoal grill. Then I was the DD, so I got to drive all the crazy Wiedemer (and partners) to the hotel. The next day included picking up several things for the wedding and driving to Beaufort, NC. Beaufort is an adorable town right on the water. We stayed at a great hotel, the Inlet Inn. You could call and they would deliver continental breakfast to your room at no charge. We looked right over the docks. We were able to spend a couple hours at Atlantic Beach (found only 1 shark tooth since the tide was in). Then we had the rehearsal dinner. It was in walking distance to the hotel. We sat outside, but they decided to cram about 35-40 of us on this long table. We were so packed in that you couldn't move your arms. Brian and I would take turns cutting each others food. One would hold the knife, one the fork. Luckily, the meal was a tappas style dinner not requiring much cutting. We had bread and salad followed by.....steak kebabs, crab cakes, oysters (which I liked), seared tuna, seaweed salad, squid, crab dip and pita, bacon wrapped scollops, bruschetta, and a chocolate mousse type cheesecake for dessert. With plenty of champagne, and local wine- it was a great meal. Also, Kristin and Pete did this really nice thing, where they went down the table and introduced us one at a time and said something nice about each person. It was a great way to get to know everyone, and very personal. Us "kids" then hit some local watering holes around town. I was a hit in my yellow fit and flare cap sleeved sun dress. Wow....I need a break before I get to the actual wedding and move to stage 3...

I will post this and finish later this afternoon.

No comments: