We made it and we are posting from Honolulu!!! Its 6am local time and we are feeling like its noon. Our Hawaiian Airlines flight last night was really nice. Then it took us 2 1/2 hours before we were checked into our hotel. That's 11pm local time and 5 am Michigan time!
Apparently, I'm even worse at navigating after being awake for 24 hours than normal. Our budget type hotel owns about 10 parking places. (Which is quite different than the story they gave us on the phone. ) Luckily, we have a rental car the size of a matchbox, so we got a spot that no one else can fit into. Today, we are going to try to find a construction cone to put in front of it. I think Brian is kidding about that...
Our hotel is in downtown Honolulu, in the Waikiki area. The party crowd from "Tsunami's" were having a great time last night and so we are going to try to find a fan for some white noise today. Our room has a nice size kitchenette with all the amenities and a good size fridge and freezer. I also was obviously able to connect to some random network here (I'll be changing all my passwords and not be buying anything online).
So it was a rough night, but we are excited to see the city (since it was dark last night and we were lost). I will post some pictures later and talk to you all soon!
Sar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment