I'll start with the pros of today, before I move into the cons....
I did my last case completion! Yea! So, now I just need 1 endo canal.
Or so I thought....................
Ortho came out of left field to add to my latest distress. So I had an ortho patient assigned to me last year who is in a retainer. He missed an appt with me in Oct. Then the patient's mom and I played phone tag for months. Now, she called the ortho dept and they decided I need to see the kid pronto. The mom is not in the least upset or in a hurry to come in for the retainer check. The retainer broke about 6-8 wks ago. I have completed my ortho assignment and most of the ortho patients have been re-assigned to 3rd year students.
Here are the senarios.....
1. I see the kid on Friday (the day mom can bring him in) and I can remake a plastic retainer in house- problem solved (best case senario)
2. See kid on Friday, special retainer needs to be made to move his teeth back in alignment. I am forced to take an impression meaning I am starting a treatment on the last day of clinic. U of M will not post my degree if there is any unfinished treatment in my name in the computer. The school will not post my degree ontime. I have to wait until mid July for my license versus early June. And my dream job in Hawaii is unavailable now because they needed me in June. In addition, I pay $500 week tuition while I wait the 3 weeks processing time it takes for the lab to make the special retainer.
3. See kid on Friday, braces need to be re-applied. I spend $500 a week tuition until U of M feels they want to release me. My license will be available who knows when and I have no money and hope that none of my student loans start coming in.
If I convince them to post my degree on time, I cannot work on patients after April 18th because their malpractice insurance won't cover me anymore. At this time my instructor is refusing allowing a 3rd year student work in conjunction with me using their provider code (to keep my name out of the computer) to allow me to post my degree.
So here I am, 22 years later, reprising my famed role as the Little Red Hen. Trying to find someone who will help me out here. I will be working on this tomorrow morning. I'm sure you can imagine my utter frustration and dismay.
Fill out my poll for this dilemma....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment